On January 11, 2011, the San Diego City Council unanimously voted to approve a unique public-private partnership between Westfield and the City of San Diego.
This plan created a world-class Urban Plaza as well as beautified and restored the historic park and fountain adjacent to this property, re-establishing it as the regional treasure that it was in the early-to-mid 1900’s.
The new Horton Plaza Park is an exciting central gathering area for the community providing a dynamic events venue for San Diego. If you are interested in booking an event at Horton Plaza Park, you can find more information here.
A unique Destination
- 53,000 square foot venue hosting more than 200 events per year
- Food & beverage Pavilions with trellised patios
- ArtsTix booth selling tickets to local theaters and other San Diego attractions
- Cabrillo arch-style Amphitheater
- Historic landmark fountain, built in 1910. One of San Diego’s oldest civic landmarks
- Interactive pop-jet fountain
- Iconic Luminaries, 23 foot tall color-changing light sculptures
- Complimentary guest WiFi
located in the center of it all
- Central gathering area for Downtown workers, residents and tourists, as well as a destination for the greater San Diego County
- Strong connectivity and close proximity to neighborhoods, businesses and amenities throughout Downtown
- Convenient parking available in the adjacent Westfield Horton Plaza Shopping Center